Sunday, June 24, 2007

Impossible Is Nothing



What would most people be doing at the wee of 2, 3 or 4 in the morning? I bet some of us are half way dreaming while a sleep and some might be having supper or just plain chilling at some night spots having drinks. So here I am waking up 4 in the morning getting all prepared but not so gear up for the most anticipated run of my life time, “The Penang Bridge Marathon” run.

i actually did this? half way .....O_o

I clearly remembered the last run and most breathe taking event I had last year was Spirit of Penang race hosted by STAR newspaper.

2006 SOP
L:Terri,Me,Andrea, Amie

That was fun, thrill and exciting. But this time around I had to know about this event through my uni-mate, EK. It was all planned in detail that we will join the marathon in the first place which he suggest just ‘for fun’ then, initially he pulled out due to work commitment and same goes for the other friends so I had a sole choice to be ‘in’ or pull back. Then, I figured that what the heck since I don’t have such opportunity in mere future so I might as well go ahead even I know the fact that I will be running this on my own all alone.

And so, I signed up even though I had the pinch of how it feels like to be alone eventually I will be forlorn and be bored with no companion along the line. I was half awake, half a sleep with my eyes not so wide open and I tried to be nonchalant at best. Literally did I know that I have to be there at freaking 4morning just to register?

why on earth would some creature report that early?

it's freaking tired, tired, tired and tired!

The crowd was huge, humongous, gigantic and monstrous because we look like a troop of ants loop. From the starting line we’re let off at 5.30. I ran at a small pace, then I walk and I tailed slowly. From there onwards, I foresee myself stop just yet and I moved on and kept on going. There were many incidents along the way like some participants got carried away in an ambulance probably due to weak metabolism? There were some people who ran until they left their shoes sole on the road and some just ran barefooted!

shoes sole out

bare footed treat

I couldn’t believe I actually ran this far and this much. Well, one of the reasons is that I had the determination to finish this race and I want to make it something I could achieve. In the midst of the race, I didn’t realised that I have actually cross the bridge and the sign board showed 7km.

this is awesome

Woo..i actually ran this far? Must be kidding but I am glad I have made this far though I tried to be meticulous not to overlap or bang into someone else.

The route back was more interesting because the thought of crossing the finish line was all up in head.

feels...way too good!

By then, the darkness has turned mild bright and the view can be clearly seen bit by bit. I had swells, and my midriff was pain and I felt a bit cramp. There were veterans and experience people who instantly became nouveau riche from this. Come on, 6k for the first to reach the finish line. Who dare say they don’t want a piece of this? What a big escaped!

And so, the big catch for the day was when I did it! I manage to reach this. My aim? I dare not dream big. All I wanted was just to finish the crossing line and have the satisfaction pinch in me. And I made it! I did it for 10km in an hour and 15mins. I don’t need logic from what has been said here.

to me this has been more overwhelmed than nymphomania

I care not elaborate. You need not judge. Don’t be stingy and mean on me.

by end of the race, my running shoes can be kept as souvenir

...and i have weird leg.

The moment I got back I fall flat on the couch the first place. Then my 11year old nephew ask me why my butt is wet. I told him,

I'd pee!!

Then he said, "pose". I want to frame this!

No comments: